BOOKINGS: 020 8288 0314

Refreshingly fun tasting events
ThirtyFifty - Hens

Wine News

A primary school teacher died from alcohol poisoning from drinking wine

A primary school teacher died from alcohol poisoning from drinking wine. She consumed at least one bottle of wine and may have lost her life because of a very low tolerance to alcohol, an inquest in Hull heard.

Gill Howe, 46, died due to respiratory failure as a result of alcohol intoxication, according to pathologist Dr Justin Cooke. The amount of alcohol in her system when she died was just under four times the drink-drive alcohol limit or 320 mg/100ml.