PET bottles with Craig Pope and Jack Denley of Petainer
This show was published 27 October 2023
Petainer has launched PET wine bottles in familiar Bordeaux and Burgundy bottle shapes in 750ml and l litre that are 10 times lighter than the average glass bottle. They are seeing strong demand in the Nordics for carbon friendly packaging with consumers choosing PET over glass when they understand the environmental benefits.
- PET has a third of the carbon footprint of glass to produce
- Lighter than glass so can transport more bottles vs glass
- Smaller footprint vs glass for the same volume in the bottle
- Designed to run down existing filling lines, with small modifications
- 100% recyclable
- Screw-thread on neck for screwcap closures
The bottles are produced with either a mono-layer material or, for extended shelf-life, there is a more premium, multi-layer bottle.
The UK Wine Show is sponsored by ThirtyFifty. Our team of wine tasters are busy entertaining and educating UK consumers to help them get the most out of wine.
Support us on Patreon
If you are a regular listener, do consider supporting the UK Wine Show on Patreon. You can pledge a monthly payment, equivalent to a cup of coffee or very small glass of wine!
The music used for the UK Wine Show is Griffes de Jingle 1 by Marcel de la Jartèle and Silence by Etoile Noire.