The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is typically run as a one day course and provides an ideal introduction to wine. It is designed for beginners pursuing an interest in wine and those starting out in wine trade, looking for a structured learning environment. Perfect for those who have little wine knowledge or those working in restaurants or retail and need to know more. ThirtyFifty offer the Level 1 on Mondays and Saturdays in London (in-person) and as a live-streamed Online course via Zoom.
WSET courses are the backbone of the wine industry in the UK and a must for anyone considering joining it. They provide a structured and progressive set of courses that are nationally and internationally recognised. Follow the link for an overview of WSET Courses
To prepare ahead of the day, you'll have instant access upon booking to our online Level 1 Flash Cards for a taster of the course content. Free of charge for ThirtyFifty students or £5 for anyone to access.
View the WSET Level 1 Specification.
WSET Level 1 Course Dates
We offer the WSET Level 1 course in London and online via Zoom in a virtual classroom.
- 9 wines to taste
- 7 hours tuition, from 9.30am-5.00pm
- Multi-choice exam with 30 questions
- Exam at the end of the day (the online course has an online exam, remotely invigilated)
|Mon, 23 May 2022||WSET Level 1 Award in Wine||1 Day Online Course including Online Exam||4 places |
Call to Confirm
|Mon, 11 Jul 2022||WSET Level 1 Award in Wine||1 Day Online Course including Online Exam||8 places||£175 pp|
The start time is 9:15am for a prompt 9:30am start.
WSET Level 1 Classroom - London
A solid start to wine, covering the key wines and grape varieties, how to taste and serve wine. It builds confidence for those who would like to engage more with wine.
- In-person class at the Novotel Hammersmith, West London
- 9 wines to taste
- 7 hours tuition / no home study required
- What to look for in wine and how to recognise its key components
- The main grape varieties and styles of wines from around the world
- How to store and serve wine
- Food and wine matching - key principles
- The WSET L1 text book is provided on the day
- QFC Level 1
- Final exam paper consisting of 30 multi-choice questions at the end of the day
WSET Level 1 Virtual - Online
If you would like to do the course from home, we live-stream our courses on Zoom so that you can study at home with the wines we are using in class.
- Online classroom with 7 hours tuition/ 0 hours home study
- 9 wines to taste, shipped as 50ml wine samples in advance
- Course content is the same as the in-person classroom
- Ability to ask course tutor questions during live-streamed class
- The WSET L1 text book is provided before the course, with the wines
- 4 x ISO tasting glasses to use at home and keep
- QFC Level 1
- Online exam consisting of 30 multi-choice questions, remotely invigilated
Open-Dated Gift Vouchers
If you are giving the WSET Level 1 Course as a gift, you can purchase an open dated gift voucher so that the recipient can book a date with us directly. We'll automatically email you a link to the gift voucher to print off at home.
|WSET LEVEL 1 COURSE GIFT VOUCHER - £175|
|ThirtyFifty WSET Level 1 Award In Wine - One Day Course Online or in London - Open Dated Voucher. Valid for 24 months|
Where to after the WSET Level 1 Award?
After the Level 1 the next natural step is the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines, this is a three day course normally run over three consecutive Saturdays or Mondays.
Terms & Conditions
Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
No refunds are available: If you wish to cancel we can transfer you to a future course date.
You can transfer your place to another date with 15 working days notice or to another person.
We reserve the right to cancel a course if numbers booked are below the minimum needed for the course to be viable. In this instance we can refund you or transfer you to another date.