Liv-ex poll says Lafite is top wine for 2008
The results of the annual Liv-ex survey are out and Lafite Rothschild has been voted the wine of the 2008 vintage by the Liv-ex membership which comprises 230 of the world's biggest buyers and sellers of fine wine. The survey is designed to track the consensus of opinion amongst the best professional tasters of young Bordeaux and is carried out on their return from tasting the new Bordeaux vintage, before the release of the main wines.
Summary of the 2008 results:
• Lafite Rothschild is the wine of the 2008 vintage.
• Pontet Canet tops the “value for money” category.
• Montrose was the most disappointing wine.
• The vintage scored 91 (out of 100) on average.
• Release prices are expected to be down on 2007 by 38% on average.