Covid-19 Update – 11th May 2021
During 2021 we are continuing to host virtual wine tasting evenings which you can enjoy from the comfort of your home. You can book with an open-dated voucher or purchase a dated voucher online. We will send you a link to join the tasting on Zoom and send the wine samples 5 days before the event.
We hope to resume some tastings in person in the Autumn once life returns to some kind of normality in the UK and will be reviewing again after the 21st June 2021. If any forthcoming events have to be cancelled, we will issue you with a new open-dated voucher to use against another event on a future date. The voucher will be valid for 24 months from date of issue.
Join the experts at ThirtyFifty for a day of wine tasting to learn more about wine in a fun and informal environment. Our One Day Wine Courses are great value days out priced from £89 per person (including lunch) and are available in London, Bristol, Cardiff and Buckinghamshire. A full list of dates is below.
The day typically starts from 10.30am until 4.00pm with a delicious 3 course food & wine matching lunch and coffee in the afternoon. With both days we kick off with an introduction on how to taste wine and we taste 16 great quality wines from around the world including whites, reds, fizz and dessert wines.
Champagne & Fizz Tasting & Lunch £89
We have also introduced a Saturday tasting with champagne & sparkling wine and a three course lunch, for those who love to indulge in bubbles! You'll taste 10 sparkling wines including 3 champagnes to discover the different styles and find out which is your favourite fizz! The tasting and lunch is currently only available in London. The timings are from 11am until 3pm - for more info and dates, please visit Champagne Experiences.
Wine Tasting Gifts
A specific date can be booked directly with ThirtyFifty by choosing from the dates below. For gift purchases, you may prefer an open-dated gift voucher so that the recipient can choose which date they'd like to attend. For more details and upcoming dates please see below.
One Day Wine Course
A solid grounding on all aspects of enjoying wine and tasting wine, with 16 wines to taste and a delicious 3 course lunch.
- How to taste wine like a professional!
- What to look for in wine and how to recognise key components - tannins, acidity, sugar, alcohol.
- How to evaluate quality with our one second trick for valuing a bottle of wine.
- How wines age and when is the best time to drink them before they go past their peak.
- Single varietals or blended wines? Find out why winemakers blend and try it yourself to see if you can make a better wine!
- Sparkling wines - discover three different methods for making fizz and how this affects the style.
- Tips on buying, storing and serving wine.
- Finish the day with a delicious dessert wine. A treat for our palates and the best way to end a glorious day of wine tasting!
Discovery Day Wine Course
A solid grounding in wine plus discover why you like certain wines and how wine and food work best together. Taste 16 wines and enjoy a 3 course lunch.
- How to taste wine like a professional!
- Which styles of wine you are most likely to like, according to how sensitive your tastebuds are.
- What to look for in wine and how the 4 components - tannins, acidity, sugar, alcohol - are key for matching wine with food.
- Tips for ordering wine at restaurants and getting the most out of a sommelier or wine waiter.
- How to spot, and even fix, common wine faults.
- How different wine glass shapes change the way wine tastes and how to drink better wine without spending more.
- Finish the day with 2 sparkling wines to say cheers and thank you for coming to our fabulous day of wine tasting!
London Wine Tasting Courses & Experience Days
Join us for a brilliant day out in London, choose from our One Day Wine Course, Discovery Day Course or Champagne & Sparkling Wine Course & Lunch. All include a fantastic 3 course lunch. Our One Day Wine Courses and Discovery Days are run on Saturdays and start at 10.30am and finish at 4pm. Our Champagne and Sparkling day starts at 11am and finishes at 3pm. Numbers are restricted to a maximum of 18.
Follow for a full list of our different Wine Tasting Courses and Experiences in London. To book select the date you'd like to attend below to add to your basket.
|Sat, 11 Sep 2021||Discovery Day Wine Course & Lunch||Brasserie Blanc (Southbank) |
|10 places||£89 pp|
|Sat, 2 Oct 2021||One Day Wine Course & Lunch||Brasserie Blanc (Southbank) |
|6 places||£89 pp|
|Sat, 16 Oct 2021||Champagne & Sparkling Wine Tasting with Lunch||Brasserie Blanc (Southbank) |
|4 places||£89 pp|
Bristol Wine Tasting Courses & Experience Days
Join us for a brilliant day out in Bristol, tasting 16 wines and a fantastic 3 course lunch. All our One Day Wine Courses are run on Saturdays and typically start at 10.30am and finish at 4pm. Numbers are restricted to a maximum of 18.
Follow for a full list of our different Wine Tasting Courses and Experiences in Bristol. To book select the date you'd like to attend below to add to your basket.
|Sat, 25 Sep 2021||Discovery Day Wine Course & Lunch||Browns Brasserie |
|8 places||£89 pp|
Buckinghamshire Wine Tasting Courses & Experience Days
The Missenden Abbey one day wine course combines 16 wines to taste during the day with a break for a buffet lunch and afternoon coffee. Accommodation is available on the Saturday night including dinner and bed & breakfast for an additional £60 per person.
|Sat, 26 Jun 2021||Discovery Day Wine Course & Lunch||Missenden Abbey |
|6 places||£89 pp|
|Sat, 2 Oct 2021||One Day Wine Course & Lunch||Missenden Abbey |
|14 places||£89 pp|
|Sat, 26 Feb 2022||One Day Wine Course & Lunch||Missenden Abbey |
|12 places||£89 pp|
Terms & Conditions for One Day Wine Course
Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
No refunds are available.
You can switch your booking onto a different date provided a minimum of 4 weeks notice is given.
You can transfer your place to another person provided 24 hours notice is given.
Open-dated vouchers are valid for 24 months after the date of issue.